- Program Eligibility
- Program Philosophy
- In-House League Objectives
- Coaching Goals
- Registration Information
- Season Information
- Clinic Dates
- Season start & end dates
- Team Information
- Practice Information
- Game Information
- Tournament Information
- Clinic Schedule
Program Eligibility: EPBBA, Inc. was created to provide boys who either live in Eden Prairie or attend Eden Prairie Schools with an opportunity to compete and to develop their skills.
Note: This program is for Fourth Grade boys only! It is understood that some third grade boys may be of similar age and talent to many of the 4th grade boys, however, there is a true shortage of gym space and coaches. Allowing one 3rd grade boy (no matter what the circumstance) into the program would set a precedent that could interfere with a 4th grade boy having his rightful basketball experience. Therefore, the EPBBA has a firm policy that will allow no child, regardless of age, to be registered in the wrong grade. Boys found to be registered under false pretense will be removed from their team and refund requests will not be honored.
4th Grade In-House Program: The In-House program is for boys in the 4th grade who do not play on a Travel team (For Travel Team Information, See the Grades 4-8 Travel Tab) and elect only to play in the In-House program. Players are NOT allowed to play up a grade, as outlined above. If found to be doing so, will result in an automatic expulsion from the program with no refund of the registration fee.
4th Grade Introduction to the Travel Program: Please CLICK THIS to learn about the Travel program.
MYAS Recreation League End of Season Tournaments: There are often third grade teams (or other grades) that will play in these tournaments. Our requirement is that the EPBBA is first priority and that kids don't miss association activities (games or practices) for these events. The end-of- season MYAS events are fun, and a good introduction to what comes with travel basketball. There are tournaments that occur after the EPBBA season has ended, so you pick events that don’t conflict with EPBBA. These teams are organized outside the EPBBA. The grade commissioners are not involved in assigning or organizing teams. For more information, contact the K-5 In-House Director.
EPBBA Program Philosophy
- Provide all participants with a positive experience from K-12
- Inspire each player to continue playing and to develop their skills
- Teach life lessons through positive interaction
In-House League Objectives
- Provide a positive experience for every team member
- Build a desire in every individual to achieve their personal best
- Develop a team concept
- Build strong fundamentals
- At season end, every player should look forward to next year
- Never get tired of teaching fundamentals
- Correct player mistakes and teach, repeat
- Be positive and constructive
- Have practice plans well-prepared – it is the most valuable time to teach
- A scrimmage without stopping to correct is not a good practice
Volunteers: For the EPBBA to run a successful basketball program, we need volunteers to coach. You can leverage the K-3 coaching manual and Basketball Fundamentals Progression by Grade to create practice outlines for each week. Please indicate at least one volunteer job on the registration form.