Kindergarten In-House Information:
- Program Eligibility
- Program Philosophy
- In-House League Objectives
- Coaching Goals
- Registration Information
- Season Information
- Clinic Dates
- Season start & end dates
- Team Information
- Practice Information
- Game Information
- Tournament Information
- Clinic Schedule
Program Eligibility: EPBBA, Inc. was created to provide boys who attend Eden Prairie Schools with an opportunity to compete and to develop their skills.
Note: This program is for Kindergarten boys only! It is understood that some Pre-K boys may be of similar age and talent to many of the Kindergarten boys. However, there is a true shortage of gym space and coaches. Allowing one Pre-K boy (no matter what the circumstance) into the program would set a precedent that could interfere with a Kindergarten boy having his optimal basketball experience. Therefore, the EPBBA has a firm policy that will allow no child, regardless of age, to be registered in the wrong grade. Boys found to be registered under false pretense will be removed from their team and refund requests will not be honored.
EPBBA Program Philosophy
- Provide all participants with a positive experience from K-12
- Inspire each player to continue playing and to develop their skills
- Teach life lessons through positive interaction
In-House League Objectives
- Provide a positive experience for every team member
- Build a desire in every individual to achieve their personal best
- Develop a team concept
- Build strong fundamentals
- At season end, every player should look forward to next year
- Never get tired of teaching fundamentals
- Correct player mistakes and teach, repeat
- Be positive and constructive
- Have practice plans well-prepared – it is the most valuable time to teach
- A scrimmage without stopping to correct is not a good practice
Note: Kindergarten Basketball emphasizes fun skill building drills, contests and intra-squad scrimmages as outlined in the the K-3 Practice Plan and the Kindergarten League Overview.
Volunteers: For the EPBBA to run a successful basketball program, we need volunteers to coach. We will provide the K-3 coaching manual to all coaches with practice outlines for each week. In addition, during the Fall Clinics, the high school players will demonstrate all of the drills needed throughout the season. And, Coach Flom will conduct a short meeting for all coaches to align on expectations and tools. Please indicate at least one volunteer job on the registration form.